A Semi Precious Life

I'm surrounded by Semi Precious Gemstones... why?
Because I'm a Jewellery Designer with a difference...
I source my beads, mostly semi precious and minerals from all over the world, to create unique creations with love and care.
I do not make reproductions and I love to customise.
Be my muse, wear my bling, step out in style, like a cool chic!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August Stone :: Peridot

Although some of you may know it as the August birthstone, Peridot seems to be one of the lesser-known gemstones. So, let’s take a deeper look at Peridot this week and learn more about this beautiful light green gemstone.

Specifically, Peridot is the gemmy-quality variety of a mineral called Olivine, but some may also call them Chrysolite or simply Olivine as well. Small gem-quality Peridot crystals are rather common, but larger ones over 5 carats are quite rare. That is why most of the Peridot beads available in the industry are petite. Peridot beads are also often heavily included, especially if they are large.

To create Peridot jewelry perfect for spring, try mixing them with pastel colors. Mother nature uses green to enhance most flowers she has created, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors! Chances are, Peridot will compliment many pastel-toned beads, such as Rose Quartz, Lilac Amethyst, and Aquamarine. If you want to play up the floral theme in your design, mixing carved flower beads with Peridot accents will definitely evoke the image of spring!

Information thanks to Pizzaz Works

No comments:

DaWanda